It comes a little late, but Thomas Turner has posted a few liturgies for Good Friday that might be worth a look. We’ll have them archived and ready for next Triduum. Visit his blog.
Share on Any Site!
Visit our Regional HomeGo to the homepage of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in West Virginia or visit our seasonal devotional page, Mountain Prayerscapes.
Life in Liturgy by Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in WV is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at lifeinliturgy.wordpress.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prayerscapes for Sat., Dec. 10Saturday, Dec. 10 Read James 5:7-10 from Chris Stillwell, Christian Church of Connellsville, PA: Patience is the key to this passage, and the key to Advent, as we count down the days until Christmas. Patience is also the hardest thing to have at this time. I remember it was hard to be patient waiting […]
- Prayerscapes for Fri., Dec. 9Friday, Dec. 9 Read Isaiah 35:1-10 from Beverly Dale, United Christian Church, Levittown, PA: Such comforting images: Blooming deserts, singing flowers, rains’ abundance, renewed and strengthened bones ready for the homeward journey of exiles who walk always under the safe protection of God. But all of this joyful delight rests on a problematic idea that [… […]
- Prayerscapes for Thu., Dec. 8Thursday, Dec. 8 Read Psalm 33:12-22 from Mark Mayer, Island Christian Church, Wheeling, WV: When we say: “we believe”, we are saying: “we believe His word!” Why are we able to trust in Him? His word is true. Sometimes, we find ourselves feeling desperate, weak, stressed. We should understand that God’s word is […]
- Prayerscapes for Wed., Dec. 7Wednesday, Dec. 7 Read Luke 1:26-45 from Wesley Howsare, First Christian Church, Moundsville, WV: “This is what I want for Christmas!” Then we are shown webpages, newspaper ads, or certain TV commercials are pointed out to us. And this is from our adult family and friends! OK, maybe that is a bit of a […]
- Prayerscapes for Tue., Dec. 6Tuesday, Dec. 6 Read Psalm 33:1-11 from Rodney Hubbs, First Christian Church, McMechen, WV: At this time of the year most people tend to turn their thoughts to the hustle and bustle of the season. However, God still needs to be praised and lauded for what He has done for us. We need to give […]
- Prayerscapes for Sat., Dec. 10