Just a reminder that you are welcome to join us for a bit of brainstorming around worship planning for the end of this season through Epiphany on Wednesday, Sep. 25 at 10:00 at the Regional Center in Parkersburg. If you’re interested in joining us but haven’t let us know, please give a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org to allow for adequate provisions. Please bring a Bible, any favorite worship resources, and your congregation’s hymnal. Hope to see you next week!
Share on Any Site!
Visit our Regional HomeGo to the homepage of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in West Virginia or visit our seasonal devotional page, Mountain Prayerscapes.
Life in Liturgy by Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in WV is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at lifeinliturgy.wordpress.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at mailto:email@example.com.
- Prayerscapes for Sat., Dec. 3Saturday, Dec. 3 Read Psalm 72:1-7, 18-19 from Richard Howard, Morgantown, WV: As people of hope, we want to believe that God is a God of justice, peace, joy and righteousness. Such hope is reflected in Psalm 72 today, for in it we hear prayers for a God who will be in love with […]
- Prayerscapes for Fri., Dec. 2Friday, Dec. 2 Read Isaiah 11:1-11 from Dennis Landon, Lititz, PA: Isaiah tells a defeated people that what is most basic about them—their relationship with God— will save them. The “spirit of the Lord” that brooded over the waters of creation, that called them out of Egypt, that made them a strange and wonderful nation; […] […]
- Prayerscapes for Thu., Dec. 1Thursday, Dec. 1 Read Luke 1:5-25 from Jamie Gump, Madison Avenue Christian Church, Huntington, WV: Zechariah. Life-long believer, probably even on the cradle roll of his synagogue. Forever in service to the Lord, faithfully obedient the Law. Now a priest. And he doesn’t believe in answered prayer. Well, that may be a bit harsh. […] […]
- Prayerscapes for Wed., Nov. 30Wednesday, Nov. 30 Read 1 Thessalonians 2:13-20 from Charles Cochran, First Christian Church, Charleroi, PA: The apostle Paul gives expression to the longing of a pastor’s heart – a longing which, on the best days, echoes the love and longing of Jesus for all of his large, sometimes-unruly flock. That love and that flock […]
- Prayerscapes for Tue., Nov. 29Tuesday, Nov. 29 Read Psalm 122 from Stephen Smythers, First Christian Church, Washington, PA: Let us remember the words of David from Psalm 122, verse 1, “I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the LORD!’” There is great joy when we enter the house of the […]
- Prayerscapes for Sat., Dec. 3