See the following prior entries for Easter celebration ideas. Weekly postings for Sundays will resume next week.
Share on Any Site!
Visit our Regional HomeGo to the homepage of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in West Virginia or visit our seasonal devotional page, Mountain Prayerscapes.
Life in Liturgy by Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in WV is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at lifeinliturgy.wordpress.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at mailto:email@example.com.
- Prayerscapes for Easter Sunday, Apr. 16Read Matthew 27:11-54 The witnesses declared “Truly this was God’s Son!” In fact, the Resurrection called all of humanity and all of creation to make the good confession together. All that was confessed. Today, with all that we are and have, we too confess and declare: “We believe!” Today, we are remaking the good confession, […]
- Prayerscapes for Holy Saturday, Apr. 15Read Psalm 31:9-16 On Holy Saturday, the narrative stops. Everything goes silent. It is the cosmic day of listening, waiting, and unknowing, the great corrective to human hubris. We aren’t as smart as we thought we were. Today, we come face to face with what Isaiah told us: God’s ways are not our ways. Nor […]
- Prayerscapes for Good Friday, Apr. 14Read Isaiah 50:4-9a Today we meet the “Suffering Servant” of Isaiah. This is most appropriate for our Good Friday meditation, as the Servant foreshadows the meaning of suffering and obedience which Jesus presents in his passion. The Servant, like Jesus, is sorely persecuted: “I gave my back to those who struck me, and my cheeks […]
- Prayerscapes for Holy Thursday, Apr. 13Read John 13:1-17, 31b-35 John’s telling of the washing of feet in the Upper Room begins with: ‘Jesus knew that his hour had come’ and ‘the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas…to betray him.’ Yet sitting between these two shocking and terrifying statements is a testimony to Jesus’ love for his […]
- Prayerscapes for Holy Wednesday, Apr. 12Read: 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 We are preparing in most of our churches to enter into a solemn night of remembrance and thanksgiving for the life that has been given to us in the offering of Christ to his people in the upper room. In doing so, we are taking our places in a tremendous chain […]
- Prayerscapes for Easter Sunday, Apr. 16